Skip to main content

The Debt You Can Never Pay

While I was looking at the mirror the other day, something suddenly bothered me like a stone thrown high which accidentally hit a window. . .that broke. YES. Just. Like. That.

So, there I was, in front of the mirror and then I saw my eye bags (they look like luggage that time) hanging on top of my very chubby cheeks. They were very, very proud and was looking for a fight of which has more bragging rights in puffiness with my, again, very chubby cheeks!

Okay, there it is. I was very, very tired upon waking up that morning because I lack so much sleep! All I could say that time was "Wow! Ang pangit ko! (Wow! I am so ugly!)".  And while walking around our house doing my morning preps, all I felt was that I just wanted to stay in bed and go back to sleep FOREVER.

But wait, that was NOT the stone that a naughty kid just threw and broke the very calmed and untouched window.  What really bothered me was the fact that I realized the things that are really making me and a lot more other people stay up so late at night. Wanna see my list of suspects? Here it goes:

- veeeeeery slow internet connection
- heavy workloads
- insomnia
- gadgets

I have unwanted sleeping experiences with these things and if ever I forgot to consider what stole your sleeping hours, then you are free to add more to my list.

What's the point of all these things I'm saying? Well, while looking at the mirror, I reprimanded myself through talking in my mind and I finally said, "Anong nangyayari sa buhay mong bata ka? (What's happening to your life, kid?)".

Lack of sleep (being puyat) doesn't just make you tired and gloomy in the morning, it makes you feel that way ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY. Much worse, it weakens your immune system.  It drains your overall energy and strength (physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, E-VERY-THING!), thus causing you to be lethargic most of the day. I do not have medical bases for my statements and I don't think I need to coz I've got personal experiences and perhaps those alone will suffice.  And with this I always find myself blaming the many school works plus extra household chores given to me.  If they could only be more considerate.

But just yesterday, something happened that made me ponder on my usual rants.  Last Monday (May 21, 2018) I thought that two out of my thousand requirements (just kidding, but hey, I really got a lot) was due that day; the technical drawings in my Equipment Design subject (ChE 192) and the scientific poster in my English 10 class (which BTW are both groupworks). Sooooo I was really eager to finish one requirement at a time.  Micah, my bestfriend, and I went to one of the most trusted (and not-so cheap huhu) cafe in Los Baños and ordered.  That is one trick that maybe you can also consider when you are looking for the drive to work: go to a cafe which has expensive food so that you'll be pushed to get productive (Aha! I can write a post about that one!). ANYWAYS, so before I settled at the cafe, I hurried to the Engineering Science department of our campus and asked for Autocad installer.  Yes, the installer was for our technical drawings. SO that was it, when I got back to the cafe, I sat down, installed Autocad, and started to focus on other requirements while it was installing.  I remembered that aside from the CHE 192 requirement, I still needed to finish the the results and discussion (RnD) part of the scientific poster in ENG 10.  That was around 11:30 in the morning.  I finished the RnD draft for about 3 hours (I know, that wasn't productive at all. I know. I know.) and after that, I helped my groupmates in polishing the poster.  But what really hit me yesterday was a different story.

You might be getting a little annoyed right now and are already asking "What is it, you little Ms. Suspense-Maker?! SPIT IT OUT! Enough with the chit chats!"
And after that part, you are more annoyed now. But quit the tiger looks coz here's my story for the day.

While I was on my way to school on a Wednesday morning, which FYI was one of the most uncomfortable moments in my entire 20 years of existence (c'mon, ask me why), I was thinking about the technical drawings that we should submit at 5pm that day.  YAS YOU'RE READING IT RIGHT! Last Monday, at around 3 in the afternoon, my friend told me that the deadline for the technical drawings was on Wednesday pa, and not Monday.  So ayun na nga, I was on my way to school and when I got in a jeep, I realized that doing things, and this covers not only schoolworks, way before the deadline is something that will avoid the occurence of puyat-ness or the lack of sleep.  Not a speedy and good internet connection, light workloads, or kind saint-of-a-kind professors, but proper time management. Planning not only when to do things but to do them on days which are days before the date they are needed, working them on the schedule you set, and finishing them on the deadline you wisely thought of as realistic is what we (or perhaps "I") call as "PROPER TIME MANAGEMENT".

I realized that because if I knew all along that the submission for the technical drawings was on Wednesday, I WOULD NOT have rushed myself in getting an installer last Monday, I WOULD NOT have installed it in my laptop on that same day, and the worst is that, I WOULD NOT be able to start the technical drawings that early (if you were wondering if that was really early since Wednesday was the submission and that was already Monday, well, ask me again mehehe).  But yeah, that's it! I have this realization like "Hey! you can finish things without compromising your sleep!"  and the best way to that is to manage time properly!  After that thought, other ideas gushed to my mind like "to properly manage your time, you need discipline. And discipline is like having control over yourself so you'll be able to do what should be done and do not do what shouldn't be done. And this control could be strengthened via practice.

Anyway, you might be asking now why the title of this post is "The Debt You Can Never Pay". Well, that simply means that time is waaaay way more than precious.  When you set to finish something at, for example, 3:00 in the afternoon and started doing it at 5:00 pm instead, well, you can never bring that back. You can never return it to yourself or to anybody else. Now, the 2 hours delay is somewhat like an "utang", well, at least for me.  That's why I can say that it is a debt that you can never, ever pay.


So yeah, that's all I wanna share for today! :) I know that it's a bit hanging but we'll see if the story about the cafe could be the ending of this one (haha!). 

Ciao, dearies! 💗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walong buwan na ang nagdaan Nang ang isa't isa'y matagpuan. Nagkapakiramdaman, Iba na pala ang tinginan, Salitaang may laman. Minsan masaya, minsan magulo. Minsa'y kailangan manuyo. May sigawan man o tampo, Nakararaos kahit papaano, Palagi pa ring kuntento. Sabi nila'y "H'wag ka-seryoso, Iilang buwan pa lamang kayo. Madali pa ang mga ito Kumpara sa relasyong totoo." Ngunit sinong may sabing 'di tunay 'to? Kahit na anong iksi Hindi masasabing madali Ang magtiwala at mamili Na dito ay manatili Subalit dito'y walang pagsisisi. Kaya't laging ang sagot Sa tanong na nahahakot "Hindi man tiyak ang aking madampot Asahan mong wala akong takot Dahil sya lang ang pumapawi ng aking lungkot." Tulad ng lagi mong sabi, Mahal din kita palagi. Habang ikaw pa ang nandito, Mahal kitang totoo. Hanggang sa dulo, ako'y sa'yo. {CXC P4 | 052722 | 2126H}

Una, Ngayon, at Wakas

Dito magsimula kung saan nawala Ang bawat takot at mga pangamba. Dito magsimula kung saan natapos Ang dalamhating mula sa pagkakagapos. Dito mag-umpisa kung saan nagwakas Ang matatalim na salitang parating nabibigkas. Dito mag-umpisa kung saan naputol Ang mga pagdududa at maling hatol. Ngayon na nga natapos ang paghihikahos Kung kailan inumpisahang ako'y isaalang-alang Ngayon na nga nawala ang pagtataka Nang ako ay iyong lingunin at saka kinilala. At ngayon ay sigurado nang ang dulo Ang magiging hudyat ng pagbabago. At ang pinakatatanging umpisa Ay katapusan na ng pagdurusa. [080321  |  0327]

Paglisan

Yakaping mahigpit At manatiling saglit Bago mawalang lahat ng kapit At sa'king piling ika'y mawaglit. Inialay nang lahat ng kaya Labis-labis na nga kung susumahin pa Subalit pangita sa'yong mga mata Ang pagkawala ng respeto at gana. Ngunit siguro'y minsan Mahirap din ngang punan Ang matagal nang walang laman O sa kahit kaila'y walang nanahan. Sadya yatang ang buhay Ang bukod-tanging patunay Na may dumarating nga'y Mayroon pa ring hihimlay Tunay na ngang pagal Sa paghintay nang kay tagal Walang nagawa ang mga dasal Sinaulo man at inaral Una palang, akin nang alam Ang hahantunga'y pamamaalam Sa sintang inasam, Sa mga sandaling hiniram. Ikaw ay akin nang lilisanin Paalam sa maaamo mong tingin Sa pagsuyo mong bitin Na kaysa wala ay inam na rin.